Edible dental chews for a dog that gulps everything??

@hela My dog loves Checkups dental chews. We get them at Costco but you might be able to get them somewhere else.

It only takes her a minute or two to eat it, but our vet said that there was noticeably less tartar/plaque on our dog's teeth after about two months of feeding one of these dental chews to her daily.

@lygimom I used to love Checkups! My other dogs loved them, and chewed as they should. Bringing this girl home, though, we quickly found out she breaks the checkups into large pieces and swallows, instead of chewing into small bits. That made for some awkward....clean up a day later.

@lygimom Do you know if these are good for dogs with food allergies? Currently my dog is on royal canin hypoallergenic venison dry food. And besides Costco do you know where else I can get them (nyc area)?

@hela I don't know if this is the case, but sometimes dogs in multi-dog households will wolf down food out of a concern that the other dogs will steal from them. Sometimes a private area to eat in can help.

Back