Double K Dryer Maintenance

evangelistrik

I’ve got two different types of Double K dryers, the blue 850 and the canister ChallengeAir Extreme. I replace the brushings about every 4-6 months or when there’s loss of power. Both dryers are functioning well and have ample power, but they emit black dust that clings to the dog hair and leaves them dingy and grey/black. Obviously can’t send dogs out like that so they have to get rewashed and I’ve taken the dryers out of use.
Any one have any idea what’s causing this issue? The brushings are fresh and installed properly. I do notice that the motors seem to be sparking at point of contact more than normal but I have no idea how to remedy.
Thanks for any help!

@evangelistrik This could be a number of things, some more dangerous than others. Some of the insulating foam could be deteriorating. You could have a brush on a motor going and creating friction and soot.

Honestly I'd send this dryer in to be maintenanced with the manufacturer or an authorized repair shop because if it's spitting soot there is a non negligible risk it will catch fire.

Back