Dog Owners Unite!

elanpro43

Let’s start a movement.

We are all concerned with the way mankind is taking care of this planet, right?

When I’m out walking the dog, I’m disappointed to see all the coffee cups and candy wrappers, etc. strewn along the roads and paths, so I try to do my part by taking along an extra grocery bag and picking up the debris along my usual walk.
Dog walkers in general, I think, are pretty responsible. We usually carry a bag along to pick up after our pets. What I propose is that we start a movement for dog walkers everywhere to take along an extra bag and keep their walk route clean. It would be kind of like the adopt-a-highway program, where groups volunteer to keep a particular section of highway clean.
What would be truly amazing and powerful is if we could get our message out to the world. We would need hats, tee-shirts and bags printed with our logo and a catchy name so that people recognized us and what we were doing.
I propose DW-CUOP. Dog Walkers-Clean Up Our Planet. I suggest the dash after DW because hopefully we would inspire other groups to form their own CUOP’s.
Can you imagine? ATV-CUOP (for ATV enthusiasts), CH-CUOP (California Hikers), EI-CUOP (Elvis Impersonators), etc.
We could do something like the “ice bucket challenge” that was so successful a few years ago. “Calgary DW-CUOP challenges the Calgary Hiking Club to help Clean Up Our Planet!”
What do you think? Any ideas for a logo? A better name? Fund-raising, advertising, newsletter.....?
I’ve started a new subreddit with the hopes that we can actually get this thing going. 😊 /r/dwcuop