Dog food recommendations?

@marissa777 We feed our dog Hill's science diet since it has high quality protein...been using it for almost 3 years now and our dog loves it. Prior to this, we tried a couple of other brands and our dog didnt like it. So right now we are stuck on this one

@marissa777 I also feed Pro Plan, but I mix in some canned ONE for his midday meal as it helps him take his meds.

I just feed the general beef Pro Plan since my guy is older and doesn't need high protein (unless your dogs are very active, high protein can apparently cause anxiety in some dogs). My dog also really likes the shredded pieces in the regular Pro Plan. I will often also mix in a packet of the Fortiflora as it seems to help him with digestion.

@marissa777 Also just wanted to add after my prior comment, which received downvotes and I don’t know why - maybe because I’m recommending something other than pro plan - Orijen is owned by the same company (MARS) that owns Eukanuba and Royal Canin. My dog also didn’t like the pro plan dry food we tried, but she’s very picky about dry food. We don’t do a full wet diet because it just seems financially unsustainable

@marissa777 We used Purina pro plan sensitive skin/stomach for large breeds. He was having runny poops for a while with different brands/formula. We also supplement with frozen treats and raw veggies on occasion as treats.

@marissa777 I fed my dog ProPlan when she was a puppy. After she was diagnosed with a chicken allergy, I moved her over to Science Diet. She's really picky with food for a lab mix but she seemed to enjoy both!

Back