Does a citrusy/crisp/fresh linen-y coat spray exist?

sonyeondan_ello

First off, just want to express my appreciation for this sub. I did a lot of reading here when I brought home a goldendoodle and when we arrived to her first puppy grooming appointment fully brushed, nails already trimmed, and armed with all the right questions, her groomer actually said, "You're one of us." I owe that huge compliment to you all!

So, figured I'd come here since you all know ALL the brands and options. I've been STRUGGLING to find a spray that we all like for making maintenance brushing a dry coat a little smoother (she's all grown up now and has a very curly poodle coat). My pup strongly dislikes any creams (tried D.O.G. conditioner and Cowboy Magic) and I strongly dislike anything fruity, coconut, vanilla, floral, or sweet smelling. Recently bought some Hydra and it's a little too strong and stinky for me :( Before I drop another $30 trying more brands, does anyone recommend something that's light and crisp smelling like fresh linen, citrus, or mint?

@sonyeondan_ello cc ice on ice doesnt have much of a scent. i feel like smelling the bottle itself theres nothing detectable, but once its on my dog theres a light smell im not sure how to describe. havent used other products enough to compare how well it works to other brands but i have no complaints so far

@sonyeondan_ello the smell is pretty faint and doesnt last long, it took me using it like two or three times already to make the connection that was why he vaguely smelled better/cleaner lol. i would say its closest to "fresh" more than anything else, i actually love fruity and sweet smells and it doesnt remind me of those at all so hopefully its what youre thinking of

@sonyeondan_ello Artero matx. Very very lightly mint scented. Not so greasy it’ll leave her looking dirty… as long as you’re carful. A little goes a long way. And you wanna spray a mist around her not saturate an area.
Edit to add: the bottle breaks if you drop it. However if you push the little plastic bit back into the bottle you can pour it out of the hole. I’ve literally broken every bottle I’ve purchased lol

@joshua14 I was going to recommend Artero MattX as well! It’s an amazing detangle and barely has any smell. I find it works much better than the CC Ice on Ice although the bottle is crap. I has broken every single one and have a separate continuous mister bottle for it now. Glad I’m not the only one!

@joshua14 Oooo this sounds like a great option! (minus the bottle 😂) I kind of like that she doesn't have to be saturated for it to work and I bet she would too. And mint is great 💚

@sonyeondan_ello The Stuff! It’s a multi-purpose, silicon-based spray that doesn’t have a very strong smell. I love it. You’d have to dilute it and put it in your own spray bottle, though.

Edit: If you REALLY want a scent, Show Season has a long line of fairly inexpensive colognes. I think you’d enjoy Enjoymint.

@chri5 This is great, thank you! The Stuff keeps coming up on my searches as well but it's always hard to try and guess what the scent is like.

The colonge rec is helpful too. She accompanies me to the horse barn on occasion. I wipe her down with cleaning wipes afterwards and it would be nice to follow that up with a pleasant scent.

@sonyeondan_ello If you find a neutral spray you can pretty easily just top it with a citrusy cologne spray, though honestly most conditioning sprays don’t really have a super lasting fragrance anyway, so it’s annoying when you apply it but fades quickly.

At any rate if you want to try just covering the scent (or mixing something in like my boss does) Davis has a wide selection of cologne sprays including a lemongrass one that is very fresh and nice (would also recommend flowering bamboo and white tea though they may dip over into “fruity” a little bit, not to me personally but could maybe come across that way to someone who is disinclined)

@dw1989 Oooo Lemongrass sounds great! As I mentioned in another comment, she accompanies me to the horse barn on occasion and it would be nice to have a scent that could do double duty and be used afterward to freshen her up a bit 😊

@sonyeondan_ello I’m all about sprays for just a freshen up, different sprays for different things! (As someone who HATES baby powder smells I feel your pain, one of the big box stores I worked for for 12 years would only let us use one detangler and it was baby powder scented, it was a hard 12 years 😂)

Back