diarrhea in 2m/o

pronobis

My 2 month old female German shep. Ate some pot soil and some cashews and almonds when left unattended. Next morning she is sick with diarrhoea. I took her to vet. He did some tests, and mostly are normal. No viral infection were there as he showed concerns about "parvo" virus. He still wants to put her into observation and has put her on drip yesterday. Also during this treatment vet told me to not feed any food to her, she is growing weaker and no water means a "thirsty bitch"😂
It seems like he is now creating false concerns and making money out of it. Do you agree with me? I'm looking forward to changing my vet. What do you guys say?

@pronobis My dog got diarrhea a LOT as a puppy. Like A LOT a lot. Just when I thought we were through it, he'd have me up every hour on the hour through the night. Being an anxious person, I would call our vet anytime it lasted over 24 hours. Our vet never advised to keep him from drinking water, and in my opinion (I'm no vet), it seems very odd to me that your vet is denying your pup water.... especially considering how much water is lost during bouts of diarrhea. Seems very suspicious to me. My experience has always been bringing the dog and a sample of his poo in, and leaving with the dog and some metronidazole to help kill any gut bacteria and firm up his dumps 💩.
If your dog needed surgery and the vet was saying no water pre-operation, that would make sense, but the no water thing doesn't sit right with me.

@lordhelpme10 He put glucose in her veins.through that bottle drop system. I don't know the technical term, pardon me. Thats why he told me not to give her water or food. But the diarrhoea was there till morning only.later in the day she was back to her active self. On visit, vet sold me two tonics and a capsule. Those are just vitamins. That's why I was suspicious. Thanks for replying. I am going to look for another vet now.

Back