Cute uniforms please!!

amielynn

My ideal outfit would basically be cute black scrub style with 1. a deep v neck (so I can still tuck the heat dryer into my sports bra) and 2. a jogger style pant (leggings make me worry about circulation and the wide swishy pants just aren’t my thing). I love the fun new scrub styles (think figgs) my nursing friends are able to wear, but don’t know how they’d hold up to 10+ dogs a day in open sided tubs.

I am a very new groomer who spends most of my day bathing and drying, with the occasional pet trim on our specific breed, but want to establish a “uniform” for myself for when I take the bulk of grooming appointments. So please lmk if anything y’all have tried fits my very picky wishlist! Currently I wear a large smock and thick spandexy biker shorts, but that feels unprofessional to me.

@amielynn I like to wear figs and a jodi Murphy zip-up smock. I'll layer a ladybird apron too if I'm going to deal with more water than usual. The figs aren't super hair resistant, but they're fine as long as I blow them off a couple of times through the day.

@rissasallwrite Have you tried Figs new FREEx hair resistant line? I've had mine for a few months and it's pretty good, though I do have hair starting to collect in the seams in the armpits. I would buy more!

@amielynn i like scrubs and beyond for getting pants, i have 5 pairs of the same sketchers jogger scrub pants. they have a variety of cute scrub tops too but some of them are scratchy - i usually go for the zoe+chloe brand because theirs are mostly polyester i think

@amielynn these aren’t specific for grooming, but i used to wear skechers scrub joggers and they worked great. super lightweight and nothing sticks to them and they dry really fast. I ended up giving up and just wearing leggings because i have more of them and like the look better though. I don’t have any recommendations for a top though because i prefer an apron

@amielynn Max and Molly wear has a very cute v neck scrub style top. They are inexpensive and last forever. I wear them with black Old Navy powersoft joggers which dry quickly and the hair doesn't stick.