contract?

iamsue

Hi, I have 2 dogs that happen to get stuck together when she was in heat time passes and she’s pregnant and just gave birth. I have friends and family who wants the puppies but i just want them to be able to go to a good home where they’ll be fed, bathed and not used as breeding dogs. I’m thinking about writing up a contract for them to sign that basically says you can’t abandon them and you can bring them back if you don’t want them anymore that’s fine. I’m just curious about what else i should write in it so that they won’t be mistreated. Anything helps thanks.

@iamsue Charge them $500 for a puppy, refundable when they show proof of spay/neuter. And acknowledge with each person that you are doing this so they won’t make the same dumb mistake you did.

@iamsue A lot of breeders have their contracts available on their websites. I'd recommend looking there, as well as rescue websites, to see example contracts.

@iamsue I would put in your contract to make sure they are spray and neutered. I don’t wanna be rude, but these dogs are probably not good stock for breeding now. Let’s talk about where the dogs go if they can’t be taken care of by them anymore. You said that these are your family and friends normally a good Breeder will have in their contract that you can’t just put the dogs in a pound or shelter. They usually something along the lines of returning the dogs back to them so they can find a new good home for these dogs.

Another thing I’ve seen them do as well is say you are required to get the Breeder as their second microchip so if Something Happens God for bid the breeder would be notified. Although because these are family and friends, it would be a little bit different. I’m sure they would notify you, so yeah absolutely write up a contract that’s always the right thing to do

Back