Collar / ecollar set up - HELP!

taridayana

We recently trained our pup on an eCollar and the strap it came on has the mini educator, and a D ring for attaching to leashes and leads. This collar is not very flexible and is put on like a belt which takes a little more effort to remove it and put it back on.

Now that she is more trained we want to get an ecollar strap that buckles instead for ease. Everything I’m finding online has only the strap without a D ring for those uses.

We don’t have a fenced-in yard, so we hook her on a lead for her bathroom breaks outside of her walks. We also run with a hands-free leash that needs to attach to a D ring. We also want to have a ring for tags, and I’m finding nothing that has all these options.

What’s everyone else’s set up? Do you have different collars for different purposes? Do you have a style you recommend that works for everything?

@taridayana I don’t think the e-collar is meant to be attached to a leash. Every dog I’ve seen with one is wearing two collars, or a harness on which the leash is attached.

@taridayana K9 tactical gear elastic ecollar holder is what we use for our mini educator. It’s great because the elastic hold it tight enough to work but i know it’s not too tight cause it’s elastic. (They make to order so it took about 3 weeks to get it)

As someone else mentioned the ecollar is not supposed to go on the same collar a leash does. So no ecollar holder has any d rings. The reason being if your dog pulls the prongs from the ecollar can dig into the skin and possibly puncture.

@taridayana I don't use an ecollar on mine but I've been around lots of folks and a few trainers that do. none would ever recommend using a leash directly to an ecollar. that's a tool that needs to be positioned to a certain place on the dog's neck for the best results. using a leash would move that placement. most folks use a secondary collar like a buckle collar of some variety.

Back