Chinese Food for a GSD Puppy?

rejoiceinfaith

Hey guys! My 4 month old puppy has been in another city, away from me, for these few weeks because where I currently live doesn't allow dogs, and he really needed his health to stabilize. For the past few weeks (I don't approve of this btw) he's been eating a lot of leftover Chinese meals in mass quantities with 8 other security dogs at this factory that he's staying at. In a few days he will, at last, permanently live with me in a new place, and I was just wondering what y'all would recommend me to feed him. The only thing is that I live in China, so I can't really get American standardized dog food... however, I can do things like give him raw food and things along those lines as for it's very cheap here. Any advice in general would also be great and I greatly appreciate it!

Here he is, a bit dirty:

@rejoiceinfaith Obviously that's not a good diet for him at all!

That being said, I'm sure he'll be fine when you start feeding him properly. I'm not sure what a good raw diet long term looks like; I do know we've done 1 cup total, mixed white rice and cooked chicken breast when Caprica had a medical issue requiring short term diet change.

One thing to keep in mind is to NOT give your dog most bones. Never give them cooked bones, and for raw, larger beef bones (like sliced marrow bones) are fine, but don't give him chicken bones or anything like that, which are smaller or can splinter when chewed.

Sounds like you should get your dog out of the factory(?) he's in now as soon as you can and do some more research on what a healthy diet for him is. I'd suggest contacting a vet for some ideas on a good long term raw diet for your pup.

@juelfamily Yeah :(, I'm urging them to hurry bringing him to me. Besides that occassion where Caprica had to eat that, what else did he/she eat on a normal basis?

I'll make sure to give my dog those kinds of bones! Most people here I see throw away small bones anyway.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it! :D

Back