Carna4

cbraden816

Carna4

Our dog loves carna4, never has a problem with it and always is happy to eat! BUT I just went to order another bag from homesalivepets and it’s gone up again!!!! $185.99 for a 20lbs bag before tax. That’s $9.29/lbs.

I buy organic beef from a lady down the road for $8/lbs. I can’t even imagine paying more for my dogs food than I do for organic beef.

Funny enough we are also organic grain farmers which is why we started to buy Carna4 food to avoid the pesticides and herbicides for our dogs food. We actually grow all the grain that is in carna4s dog food. So I sent them a message one day asking if they’d be interested in buying bulk grains from us. We clean and can package (totes, truck , rail cars) everything on the farm.

They replied back saying “Thank you for your inquiry but the ingredient you provide would not be suitable for Carna4.”
We ship our grain all over the world and even meet European standards.
I asked what grain they use and if they buy already sprouted or if there facility sprouts themselves with no answer.

That conversation has sat with me for a while with a lack of transparency with a rise in cost, we will no longer be buying carna4 dog food.

@cbraden816 I don’t think carna4 is a good brand but being upset that you cannot personally sell your product to a company for use in their global supply chain is a pretty odd reason to get mad at them.

@sevilodorf Did I say I was upset? I was unimpressed when they failed to answer the question where they source their grain from. To be certified organic grain it must be certified by a certifying body. As Canadian consumers you have a right to know who certifies grain that is marketed as organic.

Back