4 Month Old Heeler Puppy Doesn’t Like Walks

@christian_girl_323 My girl was exactly like this from a very earlu\y age. Is she scared of other things? Mine ended up having bad anxiety outside of the house. She is 1.5yo now and we are still working through some fears. I recommend seeking out a trainer who is knowledgeable on herding breeds just for some extra guidance.

@twolives When I first got her she was terrified of passing cars and people (because she’s deaf they pop out of nowhere) but after working on it she isn’t any longer and she generally ignores them now. Other dogs seem to scare her for now, but now that she’s fully vaxxed I was gonna start socializing her with some family/friends dogs I trust.

@christian_girl_323 I adopted mine at 1.5, intact male. He has just always been slow/mopey on walks. Gets excited to play in the yard but not for leashed OR off leash hikes/walks. It blew my mind bc my previous two ACDs were died hard hikers/walkers, both excellent on and off leash. My current pup isn’t scared - he used to be leash reactive but with leash correction and lots of treat distractions he’s worked through it. He has a buddy now that is a happy go lucky Cavalier that loooves walks and I think having a happy/energetic walk companion has helped a little….but still, at 7 now, my ACD just doesn’t care for walks! He’s been very thoroughly vetted too for any possible underlying issues, and always has a clean bill of health. I’ve made peace that it’s his personality. He still gets yard zoomies, loves to tug and play in other ways, and he’s not destructive or expresses frustrated energy 🤷‍♀️