1200lb day!

billyyank

I work as an assistant to a solo groomer and we had a wild day yesterday. Our schedule was 1 great pyr, 3 goldens, 2 pitties, 2 St. Bernard, a beagle and a bernie. I love them all, great dogs but I was dead at the end of the day šŸ¤£.

I was talking to a friend about the day and describing all of the dogs and they replied with something along the lines of ā€œwow, thatā€™s like 1200lbs of dogā€. I feel like describing our days that way should become somewhat of an industry standard.

I just got a kick out of it! Iā€™d estimate today around 600lbs, how was your day? Entertain me.

@billyyank This is why I eventually transitioned out of veterinary technician work. Lifting big dogsā€”
especially scared or anesthetized (dead weight) dogsā€”got too hard as I got older. I donā€™t envy the stress grooming puts on your bodies.

@fomor I canā€™t imagine trying to lift some of these dogs as dead weight. Thankfully we use an electric tub and electric tables. I really canā€™t imagine doing this any other way. Especially in this area! We probably do a minimum of 2-4 great pyr per week. Theyā€™re very popular in the area where I work as are most of the large breeds.

Back