10 Reasons Why My Puppy Is An A-Hole

isaiahedwards

Said puppy is estimated to be about 8 months old, she was found with her litter on the side of the road and we kept her. She looks like a dachshund x bodybuilder and behaves like if a jack russell terrier x demon chugged 5 redbulls. A condensed list of reasons why she is a complete A-Hole:
  1. She does parkour off the couch on to her older brother’s back.
  2. She immediately tries to steal every toy her brother has. If we stop her, she stalks him like a hawk until he loses interest for a split second.
  3. She hunts and eats crickets, but tosses them around on the pavement for fun first.
  4. We’re working on the place command. She’s getting better, but now when I release her, she will give me side eye and stay there instead of coming to cuddle with me.
  5. She gives me sass by “air biting” at me when she disagrees with my command.
  6. She likes to dig up fire ant hills and then take off (on a 5 ft leash).
  7. She refuses to be crate trained. (Yes I’ve tried everything)
  8. She makes murder noises at other dogs and children, and adults if they are moving faster than a walk.
  9. She barked for an hour straight, 5 weeks in a row at puppy class.
  10. She loves chasing the hose in the yard, and now gets too excited when I use the kitchen sink. But god forbid you try and give her a bath.
And I am obsessed with her. She keeps me busy, and I can’t wait for her to get older and is able to go on long hikes with me. She’s going to make any future puppy feel like a piece of cake. Post your reasons if you have a demon yourself, we can all get through this together.

@isaiahedwards My first puppy was an angel. My second, who is now 5 1/2 months old, is a demon spawn. Thank you for your post as I’m reminded that I’m not alone and this too, shall pass. I hope. I pray.