Where did your newly spayed dogs poop/pee during post op

poindexterpaul

Just had my dog spayed two days ago. We’re staying in a separate room away from the main house, surrounded by our yard.

After spaying, we were advised by our vet that we were allowed to go out after 5 days (Idk if he meant our yard or the streets)

On the first day, my dog was pointing at door wanting to go out to poop. We didn’t go out because it was raining and I just didn’t want to risk her and her wound getting wet. She continue to poop/pee indoors because the weather was really bad

The weather has cleared up. Is it safe to let her do her business on a leash in the yard? Where did your newly spayed dogs do their business? Thank you!

@poindexterpaul I would still take them outside to go to the bathroom but refrain from letting them run around free outside/lay outside. Your vet probably meant that they shouldn’t be allowed outside unsupervised or to a place like a dog park or doggy daycare for 5 days as they could jump/run/etc and pull the stitches by accident.

@poindexterpaul Your dog cannot run, jump, or play crazy. Take your dog outside on leash for potty. You can keep a leash on your dog around the house, and she can hang out with you always on leash as you lift her onto the couch for snuggles (prevent her from jumping off!), you can even play but very gentle and low-key; when my pup broke her femur she would lie down and we'd play "tug" gently with her laying down.

@legend28 We tried earlier but then it started raining again. And she wanted to go near the puddles (i was scared that it would get her wound wet) Hopefully the weather clears and she can do her business outside again