When did you go back to grooming after birth/c section

mommahemali

So I’m 8 weeks out, and I put my butt right back on bed rest because I decided I wanted to go back to work and groom small dogs, I did 3 one day and two the next, however a lot of walking and getting up and down from my chair, I almost opened my incision. Anyways all is good but I’m wondering how long it took any of you to go back after having a c section… I need positivity, I miss my job and my doggos

@mommahemali I didn't have a c-section but I went back 6 weeks after birth and it was rough. I was still bleeding and only did 3 days a week, about 3-4 dogs a day and if I could, I'd go back and rest more. I still get cramps around my uterus and after many,many doctor visits everything comes back normal so I blame overworking myself before being fully recovered for the pain I still experience 2 years later. If you can, wait as long as possible to let your body heal and spend time with your baby.

@rachel24 Currently doing so lol I’m sorry to hear you still experience pain, I’m not feeling anything internally now that I’m almost 9 weeks out it’s just the 6 inch cut on my stomach that makes things hard ya know… it stinks

@mommahemali I also need to know about this.. how long to have proper bed rest before can back to grooming. Inmy country we have only two months maternity leave them we have to back to work. I think i would love to back to work after a month. And the incision actually take long to heal?

@agent23 I’m 8 weeks post c section and my incision still gives me pain at moments. Nothing like the first 6 weeks.

It is a MAJOR abdominal surgery. Every body is different but it is very important not to push yourself and stay down only small movements and walks in the house for at least the first 4 weeks. Don’t be like me.. I pushed myself to hard and opened my incision causing myself to get an infection. Then once that was cleared up I tried to groom a few small dogs for a day or two and went right back to the hospital and was told my incision was opening and to not get up from a recliner but to pee and wash bottles… listen to your body, don’t push past pain. If you hurt, stop! Sit down or lay down.. Ill be 9 weeks this coming Tuesday and I pray I am well enough to at least go a couple days out of the week to do a few small dogs

@agent23 You will not just be on bed rest for 8 weeks then jump right back to work, it will take a lot of slow walking and movements because you will be able to move around like normal again, even then you will not be able to react quickly or make crazy movements for a while, I’m still terrified to bend over…

@agent23 I’d like to add I’m currently almost 10 weeks post c section. I am still not working, my incision is still very tender, I am bending over but taking it very easy and slow, I was able to go on a short walk 2 days ago and It made my incision flare up and my insides to feel sore, I was down for the rest of the day and the day after. I think it will be another 2-3 weeks before I try again, I’m able to cook small dinner and walk around the house no problem but lots of breaks and sleep

@agent23 If your doctor advises you to do c section then you should listen to your doctor. But if there is something that might be concerning you to make you feel that you might not be able to do it naturally then please bring it to your doctors attention