What are some toys that your dogs DONT destroy???

willy_b

My 8 month old puppy as I type this out is yet again killing his fellow stuffy communion. This time, it’s Kraybay the Kangaroo (R. I. P). We’ve tried indestructible stuffies but so far sir drago has only a half of one ear. What toys worked for you? Anything would be appreciated.

@willy_b My pup is 2.5 yrs old now and I’ve yet to find a toy he couldn’t eventually destroy. The invincibles line from outward hound typically last longer than most but they’re a little pricier too. Not sure what country you’re in but I can usually find them for cheaper at TJ Maxx. We now generally buy cheaper toys so that when he destroys them it’s not a huge deal. Sometimes I save the stuffing and sew them back up if I can :) We also give him cardboard and packaging material to shred under supervision.

We did the toy only monthly subscription box from bullymake for a few months which is meant for tough chewers but he didn’t love the toys or play with them as much as regular stuffed ones.

@4thwatch Omg keeping the stuffing a re-sewing them is so cute! Id love to do that for mine but he likes to try and eat the cotton so as soon as they’re out its a immediate clean. Maybe I’ll try the bully subscription! He likes to play with anything (even my bras) so hopefully we can find some success in there thank you!

@willy_b Highly recommend Fluff and Tuff dog toys. They are a bit pricey but are really worth it. My lab loves his and cannot destroy it no matter how hard he tries haha

@purpledzifa Thank you! This is the first time I’ve heard of the fluff and tuff brand! Hopefully my frenchie doesn’t hurt them like he hurts his other friends :D (i swear hes insane)

@sobersam Same with mine! Or he gets really excited and focuses on one specific spot on the toy munching for HOURS till its ripped and then its fair game rip the toy

@willy_b Hours! You are lucky! Sometimes it gets quiet and I forget he is a gremlin so then I go over and we have a big hole with arms falling off or stuffing coming out. Now we are off the stuffies!

@sobersam LOL i feel u! He seems to only do it with indestructible toys. When mine gets quiet its ALWAYS a red flag since he’s normally huffing like a Tasmanian devil horse mix.

@willy_b Seriously this! I usually am on alert when he is quiet but sometimes i get distracted and then something is destroyed! Mine isn't interested in indestructible toys lol!! Anything for chewers he is like nah Im good! Bye 💸💸

@sobersam Same!! Its bad too when you have to use the bathroom. Usually he likes to follow and sit in between my legs but sometimes he digs in the trash so i normally just close the door on him. Gotta be careful though because he will open it if its not fully closed🙄. But yeah mine is interested in EVERYTHING (minus the puppy proofed trash can i bought. He doesn’t like that its motion sensored🙄 AND that he cant stick his dummy lil head in it)

@imagebeastmarkbeast Came here to second Bark. When my mom and I were doing our weekly toy sorting (mostly intact stuffies in one bin, shreds of fabric in another, and tossing ones that are beyond dead) I noticed that the few he's had for a long time and hasn't been able to destroy yet are all Bark. One is like a Starbucks coffee cup, and he's has that since March. MARCH. Another is one of those bear shaped honey bottles and has been around almost as long.

But then this is the first month I got the Bark Box--it was Harry Potter themed. We've had the toys for a few weeks, which isn't that long but he goes through new toys pretty quickly. These are super durable and played with multiple times a day. His favorite is the Monster Book of Monsters, probably because the squeaker makes it sound like he's straight up murdering a small rodent. He brings his monster book to me so many times throughout the day that I'm starting to get that same feeling as when a toddler asks you to read them the same book over and over for weeks. "Oh... Monster book again... Yay..." Lol. To be fair, I'm thrilled he has a favorite that has lasted longer than three days.

Back