We're newly joined by a Westie. She's 3 years old, her name is Luna. She joins 4 English Bulldogs, a 1 Y.O., 2 2 Y.O.'s and a 3 Y.O. and 3 humans

hannah4jesus

I'm just curious if anyone would offer any general advice about Westies. I know only that they're good hunters and that they're smart and see they like to play (which will be great for our 1 Y.O., he loves to play.

@hannah4jesus All I know is I’m jealous of you having 4 English bulldogs. I have one and the vet bills keep me just over broke. I think I’ve paid enough in vet bills to pay off all our vet’s student loan debt between my late English and my current English. I would love to be able to afford another one but as it stands I’m spending 10k a year on vet bills for my boy (he’s a rescue so I went into it blind but don’t regret it for a second)

@miekka My hat's off to you, seriously. We are really blessed not to have medical concerns with ours. But you know how it is with the love, ain't nothin' like it.

@hannah4jesus Thank you! I was going to get a puppy from a breeder that is a friend of our vet but I got a call from a bulldog rescue I volunteer with about him. He was scheduled to be euthanized at 2 due to overcrowding. He was dumped on the streets of Chattanooga and was a hot mess when I got him. He’s still a hot mess of medical issues. He’s got allergies, KCS, entropion, hypothyroidism, epilepsy hip and elbow dysplasia. Still even not knowing his health issues I knew I couldn’t let him die at shelter alone. I called the breeder and said I need to back out of my puppy. She was completely understanding and said not to worry she would find a great home for the puppy but this dog needed me more and to go rescue him. That she would do the same thing if she were in my shoes.

Back