Vitamin B1 cured my paralyzed cat (or dog)

fisherdave

I am not an medical expert. This is not an instruction of how to treat your cats, there are many potential reasons for your cat to go paralysis. If your cat or dog unfortunately become paralyzed, I suggest you take him to the hospital if you could. I am simply stating what happened and hopeful it’s helpful to you.

I’m from China/Canada. One of my cats suddenly became paralyzed at night. She just lying there, couldn’t move at all. I didn’t take her to the hospital right away because she is 16 years old with a very timid personality. Imo, both her mental and physical conditions might be too fragile for hospital. I will save that as the last option.

First I googled in English, it lists some potential causes for cat goes paralyze:
Parasite, tumor, toxin, injury, nerve or bone damage and so on.

Then I googled in mandarins: one Chinese lady’s cat had a similar condition, then an professional doctor suggested to give her cat Vitamin B1. She tried it, and two days later, her cat was completely recovered.

So I drove to Walmart bought a bottle of Vitamin B1 for $11. I dissolved the pill (100mg each) with water and feed my cat orally. Two pills a day, one in the morning, another at night.

About 12 hours later, she can finally move but still stumbled. Long story short: two days later, she can walk, jump and move as before; thank god, she is recovered.

So apparently Vitamin B1 can cure Thiamine Deficiency in cats or dogs, which can cause fatigue, irritability, poor memory, loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, abdominal discomfort, weight loss and even paralysis.

I am obviously not an medical expert. I hope this info might somehow help you. Depends on the conditions, even Vitamin B1 cured your pets, you might still want to take them to the doctors to checkup.

I included the original post, if you understand mandarins, feel free to read it in details:

https://www.zhihu.com/question/39090482?utm_id=0

Back