Two dogs, one food? Or…

mygodisable

A few months ago a 2 year old lab joined the household. Despite having a clean bill of health he was the gassiest dog ever. I doubted I’d ever be able to have houseguests again, it was that bad.

I switched him to Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach and this has eliminated the problem.

My question is whether my other dog should be on this same food (convenient) or whether the high protein may not be best for him. He is a 7 year old, 20 pound supermutt with no GI issues and a tendency towards chubbiness. Before the new dog arrived I fed him ‘mature dog’ varieties from various pet store brands, but he has been getting the Pro Plan since we made the switch. I don’t want to keep giving it to him if it’s unwise for long term health.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

@sevilodorf Thanks! I used the calculator and it said he should only be getting half a cup per day. He will not be pleased about that. He is used to 3 meals of 1/2 cup per day. I will reduce his portion and add green beans to fill him up a bit so he doesn’t mutiny.

Back