Training School/Business/Program Inquiry

luke631

CANADA AB

Hello! I am finally able to put money aside to take a course, or program.It needs to be maximum cost like 5-8k I cant really do more than that yet :,c

I am hoping to get some words of advice on what to take. I have tons of knowledge in dog training, but not in advanced cases like aggression etc, which I would love to learn more.

Dogma Academy - looking at taking this one, comes with certification, dog training skills and business skills + you can upgrade to their behavior consultant certificate, which all looks good -- they are opening the next class in march -- Tuition fees for the full program is $6495Karen Pryor - speaks for itself lol but not sure -- $7,000 CAD for residents of Canada

$50 CAD/ $400 CAD

Total payment by credit card or check at enrollment time.

Tuition can be paid via interest-free 5-part installment

Loans and scholarships are availableABC - heard mixed reviews -

Jonas — K911 -- mentorship program, course + 1on1 business course -

Possible scams, lower business focused type programs, cheaper but risky"Dog Trainer Syndicate" - 100$ / month w 14 day free trialPEAK - Molly Rouse

Anything else?

@gberen523 Thank you, I just saw them after I made the post haha, Im not so sure though, as dogma is also around that price but I get in person content as far as im aware, which is the most important to me, I have tons of knowledge but its all unofficial... but just need in person work with more severe cases

@luke631 Yeah the academy offers nothing in person or even live. It's all pre-recorded. I would also suggest being mentored under an already established trainer

@gberen523 Unfortunately I cant seem to find anyone wanting to when I was searching, but im going to give it another look. Dogma is local and I believe they do in person + mentoring

@luke631 I find it really helpful to have a background in psychology/neuroscience when thinking about managing/altering behaviours through training. Maybe look into courses like this as well

@luke631 CASI is very highly regarded, so this is certainly a good option for going in depth on the knowledge side if you already have some hands-on experience.

@gdssldier Awesome I think I’ll go with them and dogma, then I’m getting in person and online, they have actual diplomas so I’ll have proof of knowledge and dogma sets you up for certification

@luke631 As someone who runs a mentorship for dog trainers and employs. I've yet to meet a graduate of a program that has even a foundationally well rounded skillset on graduation.

No one can give you advice if we don't know your goals, your niche, your prior experience, etc etc.

Most trainers are better off working for someone and learning on the job.

So what's your goals?

Personal (life), monetary, business, personal dogs/competition, client goals, training skillset goals...

What does a dream career working with dogs and fitting that into your day to day look like?