thoughts on new PPP Sport recipes?

wadebayo30

Hey! I posted about this on the r/dogs sub but didn’t get much feedback, so i’m trying here.

My pup has been eating Purina Pro Plan Sport for a while now, and she’s thriving on it! We currently switch between the chicken and salmon recipes because she gets very excited to switch things up.

PPP recently released some new recipes with proteins like beef/bison, turkey/duck/quail, and turkey/lamb/venison. These all have AAFCO feeding statements but don’t mention feeding trials. How do you guys feel about these? Do you think they’re the same quality as the originals? Should we just stick to the chicken and salmon?

@wadebayo30 Not a huge pro plan fan, but despite that it’s easy for me to confirm their formulas are tried and tested to the standard of all the rest of their product lineup. Every one of their formulas go through the same process to be deemed thoroughly safe and vet formulated/approved. Many people rotate those proteins on a regular basis to help dogs that get bored easily or just enjoy variety. Give it a try, but maybe make sure you try your new flavor from retailers that have money back guarantees incase your dog hates it or maybe you don’t like something about it. Petco, as an example, gives you two months you can take the bag home and try it out for a few weeks, and if it’s not working out even an opened and partially empty bag can be refunded.

Back