Thoughts on Farmina N&D ancestral grain? Any other dog food recommendations or things I should add to his food

onlyoneway

I recently switched to this from purina dog chow and so far my boy(Husky) likes it and his poop has been solid and normal. I was also thinking of open farm raw mix but it’s too expensive for me at the moment.

I add beef broth and native pet omega oils to his food

@onlyoneway If your dog wasn't having issues with dog chow I'd stick with that. Brands like Farmina don't have the research and experience behind them that Purina do. Raw can cause bacteria like salmonella and e coli which also pose a risk to humans. It can also harbour parasites. There's no need to complicate your dogs diet, all you're doing is causing yourself a load of hassle and spending a load of money to feed your dog a less safe diet

@othersteeve ohh okay thanks,, the thing is that he was having problems with dog chow it gave him really wet stools and sometimes diarrhea so I switched to farmina and so far his poop has been really solid and normal color, but it might just be the dog chow specifically that did his stomach bad. Is there any specific dog food you recommend?, I don’t mind spending big money for my guy.

Back