T-18 days until I pick up my ACD puppy! Am I ready?

theophillous

Hey everyone!

So I pick up my puppy soon and I just want to make sure I'm ready. So if you could check out this little list I have going and let me know what I'm missing I'd really appreciate it.
  1. Kennel
  2. Dog bed
  3. Collar
  4. Leash
  5. Lots of toys
  6. Lots of treats
  7. Blanket to take to pick up and rub all over mother so pup can have blanket that smells like mom
  8. Puppy food
  9. Water and food bowls
  10. Printed material on how to properly train recall, stay, and a few other things a good hiking dog should know.
O and shots. My sister mentioned a place near us that will do a new pet check up for real cheap. Includes a full physical and shots.

So, anything else?

@theophillous Pet stain remover, poop bags, and puppy shampoo. I'll be curious to hear how long that dog bed lasts, haha. My pup destroyed his pretty quickly. An old bed comforter works well, I've found. Oh and note that the various shots will have to be staggered across time if the little puppy is just getting separated from mom. So you'll have to be careful where you take him/her until fully vaccinated (parvo is seriously bad). Talk to your vet!

@sabrina_ HAHA, I was just thinking, don't waste you money on a pet bed. It will be torn to fluff in a day. I used an old blanket. And yes, the shots are staggered so you will be going every few weeks the first couple of months. The shots get expensive. You might look into Care Credit. I use it at my vets for the expensive stuff. And it's not just shots. You will need flea/tick/heartworm meds from the vet. Good luck!