SpotOn vs Dogtra Pathfinder 2 - What is the better e-Fence collar?

tagyourit

Hi everyone. We recently moved to a 4 acre piece of land and we are looking at fencing options for our Great Pyrenees cross. He likes to explore and we have a secondary highway on the one side of the house so we want to keep him off of there. The entire property is fenced, mainly with barbwire and he can squeeze under the bottom run. We are looking at e-Fence options because doing an inground or upgrading the physical fence all the way around 4 acres isn't really practical for us. I've narrowed it down to either the SpotOn GPS e-collar or Dogtra Pahtfinder 2. Besides the major cost difference, I know the Dogtra is more aimed at hunting dogs which isn't us, but it also offers the e-Fence option and basically all the features the SpotOn seems to offer but at about half the price. What are people's experiences with these two systems? Our main concern is just having a permanent e-fence setup to help train our dog not to go beyond a certain point, notify us if he does get out, and then allow us the ability to track him if we need to go get him. I'm not so worried about the cost so if the SpotOn is the better system I'll gladly get it to protect our boy. Thanks for the input everyone.

Back