SINGLETON

affitapoux

My girl is on day 55 from tie and day 57 from slip toe and she had her X-ray today and she is having only one! I need some tips and helpful info involving the delivery and early weeks of having a singleton!!

@affitapoux Be aware that your dam might not go into labour with a singleton, something to discuss with your vet. Puppy Culture has tons of information on raising singletons, I can't recommend it enough and it has an incredibly supportive and informative fb community. Best of luck!

@affitapoux I have a singleton, best dog I’ve ever had. Sweet and loving. Incredible show dog and stud dog.

He was raised in a household of his mom and two aunties. They kept him in line at all times. He pushed his boundaries and the girls pushed back.

If you can expose the puppy to older healthy dogs on a regular basis they will teach bite inhibitions and canine proper behaviors. The key is finding healthy mentors who can guide development. It’s tricky with young puppies because of vaccination status, so you need to start looking for possible mentors who’s owners will keep their dogs from getting together with unknown dogs. And are willing to work with you on this.

Best wishes for your little onesie.

@affitapoux You should expect the delivery process to be about the same as if it were a six pup litter, though have a vet on standby if the pup ends up being huge and can't get out on it's own. For raising singletons, the early weeks have to be full of socialization. If your neighborhood has a Facebook or Nextdoor community, ask around on there if there are any neighbors with young puppies that your pup can interact with. Though if you have multiple dogs in the home, then the pup may be fine.

Back