Should I shave my puppy’s balls?

mitchie225

My Labrador loves balls of any kind, but most pet shops sell tennis balls or lookalikes.

The issue is that all of them come coated with ‘fluff’. She loves to eat the fluff and we also find it everywhere in the house, where the puppy is allowed to go.

Isn’t that fabric dangerous for the puppy? Surely it wasn’t made for ingestion!

In terms of other toys, once she starts to rip something up beyond basic repair we bin it or disassemble it to basic parts without any fluff.

So, should I shave/remove the fluff from the puppy’s balls before hand, or allowed her to consume bits of this fluff? Is it dangerous?

Should I shave the fluff off puppy’s balls?

Please advise.

————————————

Edit: it turns out tennis ball fluff grinds the puppy’s teeth away. Thank you everyone for your kind input and recommendations.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR PUPPY ANY TENNIS BALLS.

Edit 2: I’ve tried shaving the tennis ball to the rubber, it ducked up two of my razors and I’ve failed at removing the fluff. Gonna bin everything now.

The bitch ain’t getting those balls.

Edit 3: I work in marketing, hence the click baity title. Thank for everyone who has responded, I really appreciate it!

Edit 4: Labrador Puppy Tax. [BALL], Resting , Begging for the balls

@april78chastity I know, right? I just learned of it recently through a shocking photo of destroyed teeth on Reddit in another sub. That fuzz is like sandpaper if your dog has a good chew on it. Over time, the teeth are eroded and the pulp/ nerve can become exposed.