Should I enlarge my puppy's crate?

fredindallas

Hi everyone,

My 4 month puppy is growing up fast! He seems comfortable in his crate, but I want to make sure it's the right size. Here is a picture of him in the crate right now. Should I move the divider out a little? He has not had any accidents in it so far. Thanks!

Bonus tax

@fredindallas What a cutie! That seems to be an OK size for now, but assuming no accidents you can definitely push it back a rung or two now and see if he remains successful. Would be more comfortable for him too :)

@fredindallas My pup is 5 months and I just made it way bigger after realizing he likes to sleep completely stretched out! Then again he’s never had accidents in his crate so I wasn’t too worried

@cdw Yep similar here, I would here him stretching out at night and hitting the crate, felt bad and removed the divider completely and have never had an accident or anything in there.

@fredindallas My pup never had accidents in his crate but I took his divider fully out at about 3.5 months, it gave him some extra space in their but he had proved he doesn't go in his crate and that continued. I think you can test taking the divider out fully at 4 months unless it's a really big crate I cant see from the picture.