Seeking advice on my 10 month old puppy trying to boss 8 y.o dog

mssurrendered1

Backstory: So I recently came into possession of a puppy. What started as my moms dog turned to mine. I live with my grandparents and while they were on vacation I was watching both dogs! They played well together. As soon as my grandparents come back they don’t play well together anymore??? My grandma bought my puppy toys and I believe my dog got possessive over them and striked my other dog. I had to pull the puppy off her hind legs and separate them. They are fine now haven’t had a incident since. But I’m not risking it and want to get this check out
I haven’t been able to take her to any training classes just yet(I do plan to! This summer) but until then, I’m seeking advice on how to stop a behavior of my puppy.

N-puppy shar pei/ rat terrier Z-Dog lab/ husky/ staff mix

But they can’t seem to play together anymore, they don’t sneeze when they play. Z has always been vocal when playing and she loves to give N kisses. But it seems N is trying to assert dominance and I need to take back that power from her so she knows she’s not HBIC and to not try to over power my older dog. And know when we do to class she won’t be a menace.

So seeking advice and tips how to train me and her on what to do in this scenario 🐶🤦🏽‍♀️🐶

Back