Request: Grooming tools/brushes without latex

bluesaphire

I’m finally adopting a 6 y/o golden in a few days so I’ve been clamoring to get the remaining supplies we would need for her. High on this list are grooming brushes however it seems like most of these have rubber handles which more often than not have latex in them which causes a very uncomfortable allergic reaction for my bf. I will be doing most of the grooming for her but would like to minimize any rubber in the house because he even experiences allergic reactions from cross contamination.

I’ve been researching the last two days and most listings don’t even disclose the materials used. So I’d appreciate any recommendations for slicker brushes and rakes without latex but are also good quality. The pin brush was easy to find! And any other grooming tools really that typically have latex but you know of an alternative.

Edit: Thank you all for your input! I picked up the wooden CC pin brush and slicker (the slicker brush was the one I was having the most trouble finding), a typical metal greyhound comb, and one metal and one plastic rake to try out.

@bluesaphire Most of the professional quality items are wood or heavy plastic/metal

Metal combs / undercoat rakes are also helpful for goldens.

Chris Christensen makes a nice set of slicker brushes and one set of all wood slicker brushes, no rubber or plastics.

@bluesaphire Chris Christensen has a lot of wood handle brushes, both slicker and pin brushes. My favorite brush is made by We Love Doodles and it has a wooden handle and removes undercoat with ease and is also a fraction of the price of most Chris Christensen products.

Back