Request for your recommendation!

I have a Border Collie. I’m not sure how old she is, but I estimate between 6 and 9.

She runs with me and my partner 3-4 times per week, sometimes up to 6+ miles, and goes on walks, dog park, etc. Shes very active.

When we adopted her she was 42 lbs (underweight for her size) and a picky eater. She’s now 48 lbs, and her appetite has improved. Shes a healthy weight, but she does not need to gain anymore weight.

I’ve been feeding her Taste of The Wild ancient grains recipe. She likes it. I recently started topping her food with a mixture of chicken egg and vegetables from the brand Fresh Pet (and adjusting serving sizes accordingly). I’d love to feed her something like this as her full diet, but I can’t afford that, so I figured supplementing was the next best option.

I’m learning more about the horrors of pet food, and I want to keep my pup healthy, and running with me for a long time.

Please recommend some foods I should consider. Her TOTW food is $65/50lbs, but I’m willing to spend more, within reason.

Thank you!!!

Back