question, can two full blood German sheps. have a single white puppy

jonesedwardk

i have yet to see it because they're fresh and not mine, but my dads G/F has two German Shepards, and the female just gave birth last night, litter of 7, but one of them is white, how possible is it these two had a single white GSD vs. the chances it may be albino?

@jonesedwardk The white color of a GSD is actually a mutation. It usually is a result of breeding two blood-linked dogs, sire and daughter or dam and son or any other kind. White Shepherds tend to be very big dogs and can be high-strung. Short version: The white color is cause by a mutated gene usually as a result of inbreeding. The dog will be huge and very energetic.

@jonesedwardk Are you familiar with the workings of genetics? In short, yes it is possible, because both parents may have had a recessive gene that caused that one puppy to be white.

@gwugluud no, lmao, i went to public school, IN MICHIGAN, the only thing that place taught me was people are douche-bags most times, and that anne frank was killed by the nazis.(seriously, learned about this chick every year from 6th grade on.)

seriously though, yes i am aware of genetics and how they work, but as i do not know the lineage of either of these dogs, as well as not seeing the puppy itself....hence the coming here for answers. thanks for making me feel dumb. :)

Back