Quality thinners feedback

roadtrippin69

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well.

I’d like to buy quality thinners as I’m not happy with my current ones.
I’ve browsed previous suggestions but haven’t found feedback on the ones I like.
I’m interested in the below, if anyone has any feedback to give (reviews online are mixed for some) :

Chris Christensen 7” Classic Thinner
Geib Gold Pearl Shears 6.5" 46-Tooth Curved Thinner
Kenchii Rose 7.5” 54 tooth thinner
Sharperedges Palmira 7.25” Curved Thinner/Blender 66 teeth

Any feedback appreciated!

@roadtrippin69 I personally have never been a fan of CC. (I know a lot of people are but the quality isn't even close to the price.)

Kenchii has always been my go to. I absolutely love them and have never had them disappoint.

When I first started out years ago, another groomer suggested that I add to my thinners with Wolf/Wolff human thinners. At the time they were less than $75 and worked as well as my Kenchii Scorpions. (My first year grooming and beginner shears and thinners). They have a higher quality line and I would probably invest in a pair of those, they worked amazingly.

@harlonbc Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!
I’m a big fan of CC shampoos, sprays and perfumes hence I don’t know why, I feel I’d like their shears. I liked the Kenchii Rose especially for the teeth count, but reviews online are towards bad so I’m wondering if it’s not functional for that specific model or just picky people 🙈

@harlonbc The sharpener (in a neighboring country) only unfortunately sells Yento, Utsumi and their own brand (show tech which is not of my required quality) , I have a Yento straight but I’m not in love with.
I’d consider any kenchii line up to 200€, my hands are towards long and medium thickness (also a problem with the show tech, they are designed for small hands).
I would only groom Irish setters (wavy, show quality) and a golden doodle (only with scissors, no shaver due to allergies)

@devaofprayze Thank you for the feedback! Unfortunately, I cannot find the Sensei shears in Europe at any retailer in 3 countries.
My priority is a good effortless thinner, as you mention, I can always get an affordable Amazon curved one (I.e. purplebird) but I simply can’t use the current thinner it’s small and not opening/closing effortlessly plus makes too much noise for my diva to tolerate 😂
Another brand that is very popular around here is Ehaso (I believe German made)

@genna Thank you for your time and feedback! Do you have the curved thinners? My only concern is the curved ones are +70€ from the kenchii and same price as the CC Adalynn Rose (which I’m in love with but are not curved and I can’t justify the price of double than other reputable brands with more teeth). But if they are worth it I’ll invest in the end.

@roadtrippin69 Been very disappointed with Kenchii product quality. Mostly Kenchii Love or Five Star. Not sharp and/or won't hold an edge.

Been very happy with the shears I've bought from Groomer's Supply House.

@amylw Thank you very much for the feedback! Unfortunately I read a lot that the love line is not performing.
The issue is also that I’m not anywhere near a sharpener in case something is easily fixable.

Back