Q&A form filled out

alexcg

Introduction

1) Will this be your first dog? If not, what experience do you have owning/training dogs?
  • No, little bit as i adopted an elder and he was already trained
2) Do you have a preference for rescuing a dog vs. going through a reputable breeder?
  • i prefer no breeder
3) Describe your ideal dog.
  • Dont really know other than cuddle bug for when i'm overwhelmed by life and playful with kids and other dogs
4) What breeds or types of dogs are you interested in and why?
  • if it got a great personality i'll love them.
5) What sorts of things would you like to train your dog to do?
  • Basic commands and to pretty much head to the door when i ask "Do you need to go potty?" (parents had a lab that did that)
6) Do you want to compete with your dog in a sport (e.g. agility, obedience, rally) or use your dog for a form of work (e.g. hunting, herding, livestock guarding)? If so, how much experience do you have with this work/sport?
  • Nope
Care Commitments

7) How long do you want to devote to training, playing with, or otherwise interacting with your dog each day?
  • I'm disabled so im home every day all day long. I can walk and everything but my attention span is horrible so looking for a few hours a day in bursts
8) How long can you exercise your dog each day, on average? What sorts of exercise are you planning to give your dog regularly and does that include using a dog park?
  • Live next to a park on top of there being multiple parks in my area so i plan to spend at least 3 hours there just playing fetch and walking around the entire park to help me lose weight x.x
9) How much regular brushing are you willing to do? Are you open to trimming hair, cleaning ears, or doing other grooming at home? If not, would you be willing to pay a professional to do it regularly?
  • I let professionals do all that as I have no way to give them an actual bath without asking landlord for the garden hose
Personal Preferences

10) What size dog are you looking for?
  • Medium to small but i prefer medium
11) How much shedding, barking, and slobber can you handle?
  • Minor allergy to dogs (nothing allergy meds cant fix) so not a lot of shedding. If i can get a quiet dog that be great but im not gonna be picky as i just have sensitive ears and i deal with a lot of loud noises in my apt complex daily
12) How important is being able to let your dog off-leash in an unfenced area?
  • I wanna say not that important but i feel like i may need off leash for the parks
Dog Personality and Behavior

13) Do you want a snuggly dog or one that prefers some personal space?
  • Little of both. Perfer a cuddle bug
14) Would you prefer a dog that wants to do its own thing or one that’s more eager-to-please?
  • doesnt matter

Back