Puppy stomach issues

mdrivers

Hi I have a pup that is 9 months old and he’s been having soft stools/diarrhoea ever since we got him at 4.5 months. He’s been to the vet countless times, was prescribed a hydrolysed protein diet and yet his stools remain terribly soft with a mucus coating. I’ve tried Royal canin, ppp, hill’s science and he seems to do worst on them than one or two boutique brands. I’ve tried pumpkin (both fresh and powdered), probiotics and psyllium husk. He seems to do better if I add psyllium husk at every mealtime.

His poop seems to be ok but still soft on ppp but he started vomiting at random times when we were transitioning and eventually solely on ppp. He vomited 7 times in a row 2 nights ago so now he’s on a bland diet (now his poop is soft and yellow). 🤦‍♀️

Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. He’s had multiple tests done at the vets, always told he’s otherwise healthy. He’s acting normal, still eating and drinking.

Just wondering if anyone had or is having similar experiences and what has worked for you?

Back