Puppy food

abastzar

I got 4 puppies which will turn 4 weeks old in a few days but not sure what I should feed them. I got suggested this local food brand; Wolflicious (not 100% sure if local)

Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Tapioca, Egg Powder Spray Dried, Rice Bran Extracted, Chicken Fat, Salmon oil, Preservatives, Choline Chloride, Yucca Extracted, Oligosaccharide ( Innulin ), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin K Supplement , Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite.

• High quality protein with chicken meal
• No poultry by-product
• No corn, wheat or soy meal
• No artificial colors or flavors
• No artificial preservatives (BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin, sodium nitrate)

Guaranteed Analysis
• Crude Protein 26.0% minimum
• Crude Fat 14.0% minimum
• Crude Fiber 6.0% maximum
• Moisture 10.0% maximum
• Calcium 1.2% minimum
• Phosphorus 0.8% minimum
• Zinc 250 mg/kg minimum
• Selenium 0.35 mg/kg minimum
• Vitamin E 100 IU/kg minimum
• Omega 6 Fatty Acids 2.17% minimum
• Omega 3 Fatty Acids 0.44% minimum

Would this be a good option for my puppies? There are sadly not many options here in Thailand so I am quite limited on what's available. I just think that it is best to stay away from the more generic cheap dog food available here such as pedigree etc...

@thesinningservant They still have their moms milk but I read that it is necessary to slowly introduce wet kibble as supplementary meals and then make it the primary meal after they stop having moms milk. (6 weeks) Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

@abastzar Personally I'm of the "let the mother wean them" mind. But our mama dog is crappy and refuses so yes I make sure to offer my pups a mixture of canned food, kibble and formula a few times a day. If the mana is feeling generous she may allow the pups to nurse once a day (has been this way from the start but that's another story).

@robslaybaugh I was so worried if the mama dog would know how to take care of her pups or not but luckily she is doing a great job! She has no problem with letting her pups nurse all day and now they are very chubby.

@abastzar My vet recommended starting with Royal canin baby dog starter mousse mixed with formula. I have 6 puppies who are 5 weeks and 2 days old they just started being introduced to puppy kibble. They are being fed purina pro plan puppy food. They like it and it's good.

@abastzar I feed my pup chicken cut up mixed with a bit of brown rice (been feeding her-and her 5 siblings--this since 4 weeks--along with nursing from mama dog)she is 6 months now and very healthy/happy

Back