[Puppy Emergency] Dog dropped off in my house without notice, currently panicking

matt123red

Hhhhoooly shit, I tapped to post and the whole post got erased. I still need this advice so uh... Retype from the start, ig. Sorry if it's rushed now...

I [F16] am a dog lover who expected to take care of seniors and rescues when I was older, maybe even foster. My sister [F13] completely ignored my very valid concerns and asked my dad for a puppy.

Dad got blindsided by a family member that was flying to Texas and got offered a very high energy Half Chihuahua Half Poodle puppy. We cannot give the puppy back as they're on their plane ride to Texas rn.

He got home dazed, no supplies, puppy in hand. And my sister had so much fun playing with the pup, at the time.

The hype has shriveled up and died. The puppy is too loud, too excited, it's peeing too much, it smells, it won't go to sleep when she turns off the lights.

Unfortunately, there's no shelters in my neighborhoods (and no parks either.) So if my sister gets tired enough, she'll bother my mom about it and my mom will make me dump the dog outside into the field.

I do not want that, no matter the circumstances.

He's a cute puppy, the issue is I'm not prepared for a dog. I never was. Hence why I planned to wait until I was a more mature adult. There's also the physical... Not being prepared. We don't have food, we don't have toys and 60% of this household doesn't see an animal from a toy.

I planned on crate training from the start in order to not cause my sister to go nuts but my mom veto-ed me because the cages were too expensive. (It was... My own money??)

I don't have a job because of transportation, so my funds are limited. My little nest egg that's been building for around 3 years is at aproxx 250 USD, and that isn't a lot because... Iiiiinflation!!

I'll reiterate, giving this dog up ain't an option. I have to pull myself up by my booties and give this pup a nice home.

As of right now, we've bought the dog two balls (one big, one small), a tug of war rope, a harness (all blue) and some Milk Bone dog treats.

I'm at the store right now so I need help, what do I avoid, what do I do?

Any advice on how to treat a puppy? How do I affect training? What can I do to make this little guy's life better? What are some puppy pitfalls I should pertinently pull away from, before I pitiously perish in the... Fuck, I can't think of anything but depths. So much for alliteration.

I downloaded an SM app for this, y'all'd better make it worth it. /lh /j

(his name is Mikey btw, everybody say Hi Mikey)

[Obligatory: I speak Spanish and I'm 99% sure I've got some kinda ADHD so y'all better be thankful the original post poofed because I rrrraaaambleddddd.]

Back