Prices for dog grooming

rickt65

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to open my own salon soon. I used to own my own but had a weight limit of 20kg (45lb) so while I know how the bath, de-shed and clip prices work for small dogs, I'm not sure how they work for larger dogs. I've also found that larger dogs shed more than smaller ones so take longer disproportionate to just the size increase. If anyone knows their pricing and would be happy to share, would anyone be able to let me know their pricing for:

XS bath, XS bath including face and feet, S/M bath, S/M bath including face and feet, L bath, L bath including face and feet, L short hair de-shed, L long hair de-shed, XL bath, XL bath including face and feet, XL short hair de-shed, XL long hair de-shed, XS clip, S/M clip, L clip, XL clip, S/M hand strip, L hand strip

I'm thinking XS is up to 5kg (10lb), S/M is up to 20kg (45lb), L is up to 35kg (65lb) and XL is up to 40kg (90lb). I wouldn't take bigger than that as as a solo groomer I wouldn't be able to handle it. Does that sound right or am I completely off?

Any help (even just a list of prices fitting appropriate breeds into my predetermined slots so I can work out how prices compare per size of dog) would be really appreciated!

@rickt65 Not a groomer but a bather at a shop in the PNW! Our store does the following:
- Wash and Go (no nails/ears/drying): $15 for small, $25+ for large
- Bath and Brushout (including nails/anal glands/high velocity drying): $40+. Typically 40-50 for “small dogs”, $60 for large dogs without long fur, $60+ for something big with lots of fur but no groom
- Full Groom: $75+. I’d say most doodles (for example) are between $100-120, depending on size and difficulty.

That is one thing I like that our owner does is she really takes into account the dog’s difficulty level. Any dog that requires a sedative for grooming automatically gets a surcharge for the first time, and anytime after, unless we see a marked difference with the medication.

Back