Post spay puppy going stir crazy, any ideas to keep her entertained but mellow?

sandy5363

I have a 7 old mixed breed puppy, she weighs about 21 odds. Mom was half GSD, half Labrador and dad was a Jack Russel mix. She is awesome and smart and full of all the right types of energy.

When I picked her up Monday evening, they told me she would have to be in the E Collar for 2 weeks! And that she would need to be calm for at least 6-7 days. Because this isn't my first dog, I asked for specifics and they told me she could be without the collar if she was supervised. We have had it on her enough to get used to it and she wears it in her crate and at night, but she hasn't really needed it much that we can see.

The problem is that she is going STIR CRAZY. I know vets are always over cautious. Veterinary medicine and technology have become more sophisticated and user friendly. I know that E dollars were used because external stitches are irritating and I would want to chew on them if I had them, too. But everything is internal and she doesn't really seem to be bothered by the incision at all.

My guts tell me that a bit of running around the house and possibly some human socialization ( coffee shop) would be ok at this point, but I also thought I would ask you helpful folks if you had any games or ideas to keep her engaged without letting her get as crazy as she wants. I am not going to sedate her.

Thanks!

@sandy5363 Give her some mental stimulation since she can't have physical. Kikopup on YouTube has a good bunch of videos on training random tricks and there are plenty of puzzle toys or you can invent your own with some boxes :)

Also there is /r/Dogtraining that has a ton of resources and links to well known dog trainers and other useful information.