Please help!

theloca

So I recently got a puppy and I love them SO MUCH....

But I've been having two issues on which I have no idea what to do.

Firstly,
They won't poop inside which is odd because their previous owner said that they did that indoors on the wee-wee pads
But they refuse to do it now in my home.
They have their own little area and I have tired to even place other pads in different parts of the house in case the problem was that they didn't like that spot. However. Nothing. It's been days and they still haven't gone on the pads.

When they want to poop they go to the door and whines.

I understand their needs but I really want them to be wee-wee pad trained because I live on a 5 floor walk up and it's not easy taking a dog out in the winter.
Especially since I suffer with asthma and terrible migraines that often incapacitate me.
**P.N: (Bitter winter and they hate the cold wind even though I have them all dressed up so sometimes they doesn't even poop when they go out)

When they want to go, I've tried to take them to the pads but they won't do anything. (Just looks at me like "sooooo what's next?")

Secondly,
Excessive barking whenever someone rings the doorbell or comes to the door.

It's especially hard because of my migraines and anxiety. (Sensitivity to loud noises)

And the fact that I do not want to disturb my neighbors.

I've tried to tell them to stop in a firm voice but I don't want to be yelling at them.
I also don't want to do shock collars because they're still a puppy and I just don't like the idea of that.

Please help. I'm at my wits end. I'm exhausted, I've had a migraine for 3 days in a row and I don't know what to do anymore.

@theloca We use a fake grass patch for the balcony with a pad underneath (it has a plastic case to catch anything that goes through everything). Our puppy associates any outside grass/dirt with that so the opposite training but could look into getting one. They are pretty cheap on Amazon if you are in the US.

@theloca I believe some pee pads have a scent to them that associates it as a place to “go”. Check with the previous owner what brand of pee pad they used. And/or try taking one of their poos and touching it to the pee pad to leave the smell there.

@bugume Thank you, the previous owner gave me alot of their stuff including the pee-pads so I'll try putting one of the pup's poos there and see if that resonates with them at all.

Thank you for your help. ❤️

Back