Pet sitters/ day care advice

crow123

So I just graduated nursing school (yay!) and I got a full time position at the hospital on a day shift that’ll be from 7am-7:30pm 3 days a week maybe 4 if I wanna pick up. The only problem is I’m single and I have a dog (Scout, 3 y/o heeler/ Eskimo mix) I have a place I board him when needed and they do day care but they open at 7am when I’d already have to be at work and close at 7pm before I’d be able to pick him up. I used to crate him when I lived alone serving but those shifts were never longer than 8 hrs max and I had great neighbors who would let him out and he’d even get to play w their dog. I live with family atm but plan on moving out soon and I’ve never done the sitter thing. Just looking for advice on fair rates, ways to connect with sitters/ dog walkers etc.

@crow123 Rover.com is not perfect , but it’s a start.
Also check other local daycares and their hours. (And the reviews!!!)
Also check out dog walkers.

My personal recommendation would be to see if your family or neighbour or a dog walker/sitter are able to do pickup and drop off for your dog for daycare. Not much time spent for them and your dog still gets to hangout at daycare on the days you work :)

Back