News][Link] ‘Mission complete’: Sully the service dog to accompany Bush one last time

ginaxmill

@ginaxmill I have one of Sully’s half siblings from the same organization (she’s a pet now, but originally was training as service dog through Vetdogs) and they look so similar this image rips me apart every time I see it.

@asotoskori Evidently the plan is for Sully to continue working. I believe he's only 2 years old. From a Washington Post story:

Although his presidential mission is complete, Sully’s work isn’t done. America’s VetDogs said the Labrador will join the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., where he will assist with “physical and occupational therapy to wounded soldiers and active duty personnel during their journey to recovery.”

That Sully will continue to serve veterans was a source of comfort for the Bush family. George W. Bush, the late president’s son and 43rd president, predicted that the dog will bring joy to patients at Walter Reed....

@ginaxmill Don't use the monicker 'Mission Complete' as to the service dog. The dog actually completed his mission, as assigned, with desired results.

'Mission Complete' is probably the most embarrassing remembrance of the Bush legacy (Jr or Sr).

Back