My dogs might need an MRI

pravoslavie

Hello Reddit. I am writing here to ask for some advise/guidance. My dog is limping from back right leg for months. It started back on 2022 limping, took her to the vet and only prescribed pain meds and is a temporary fix but eventual would go away. Last November started limping again and have taken her around 4 times back due issue is not going away now. Fast forward to Monday Feb 12 took her back and did again X-rays and I was told that it was on her spine instead of her knee, but the thing and was given steroids this time instead of just pain meds, also I was told that it was a chronic pain. Then I got a call back today from another vet doctor (same vet office I take her) and I was told that didn’t agree on what I was told from the other veterinarian and that she might need an MRI instead of just x-rays.
I’m just concerned because when we took her to the vet back on Nov, I was told that she might need surgery and was told that they would send the estimate, waited for around 6 weeks where I kept calling requesting the estimate for surgery but I didn’t hear nothing back from them at all during those 6 weeks period. Then around Jan finally the vet called advising that she might not instead need surgery and wanted to have my dog checked from the surgeon. I was finally able to afford to take her back barely Monday for a check up but this is the second visit that I did not see the vet that usually checks on her and I was advs by this vet that it was her spine near her hips, her disks have not enough space and that might be the issue w chronic. Then today the vet that started seen her from the beginning called today saying that doesn’t agrees w what’s I was advised and wants to check on her and conduct an mri.
I’m just concerned on what to think about the service and I’m kinda upset that I can’t get an answer after several visits but I feel like I’m not getting much help but to keep spending my money on pointless answers.
Anyone has any idea on how much an mri for my dog would cost ?

Back