My dogs eating habits suck

alexan1250

We have gone through so many kibbles and my German showed doesn’t like any of them but she loves vegetables, eggs and sometimes cheese. What am I doing wrong and how do J fix this

@alexan1250 Vet tech - you're letting him play you. Dogs will absolutely find favorite foods and hold out until they are given. Sometimes it takes tough love to get them to eat their kibble. If he is a young, healthy dog, he can hold out until he wants to eat again. Giving him all that he wants is just making things worse.

@honoringintimates Ok thank you! She is 8 months old and she was 58 pounds but is now 55. She has been eating but only if we give her an egg, or cheese or even a little cottage cheese on top of her kibble. On top of this it takes her an hour to eat. Is this something I should be concerned about?

@alexan1250 Well, what are you feeding for kibble and how much, how often? Maybe you're feeding too much. If you can tell me the brand and how much how often I can calculate the suspected calorie needs and we can compare it to what you are offering.

There are ways to fix this.

Back