My dog has red dry rash-like spots (image provided). Please advice!

@clintjohnhampton Allergies. You can go to the vet and get a blood panel done to find out what the allergies are to, or trial and error.

Chicken, eggs, grain, corn, and soy are the most common. My dog is allergic to chicken and lamb.

Good luck!

@clintjohnhampton Once off the allergen, it can take up to a month for it to leave their system. If it persists for that long, I would still get them looked at by a vet. But please. Don't let them talk you into a Science Diet or Royal Canin pet food. Do your research and find what's best, safe, and reliable!

@clintjohnhampton For our BC, we noticed a change within a couple of days. We eliminated/changed her diet & treats until she stopped having a reaction. Her paws we're pink, and her eyes and lips were swollen until we narrowed it down.

Common allergens are chicken/poultry, corn, grain, peanuts (yes, dogs can have peanut allergies!), and milk products. Turned out she was allergic to chicken, processed wheat, & peanut butter. You can give your dog Benadryl (tablets only and be careful of the dose) if it looks like they're having a reaction.

For food, I swear by Petsmart's authority brand salmon & sweet potato. Fishy dog breath, but reliable and frequently on sale.

@clintjohnhampton My dog has very bad allergies and this is what it looked like at it's worst. If you want to do allergy testing, the vet told me that the best time is when the skin is at its worst.