Muscle Strain Rehab

Kilo turned 3 years old in July. He is a rescued Catahoula Leopard Mix (DNA attached below).

12/27 - had our first ride on my new mountain bike on easy trails we often hike. Around 3 miles.

12/29 - I took him to a trail and we did a quick hike where he got to run around as well. This is when I saw him slip as he was turning around to come towards me and heard him yelp a little bit.

A couple of hours later I noticed he was hurt and had issues climbing the couch or bed. He was down and seemed depressed.

12/30- his spirits were a bit better and began to be more playful again.

We took him to the vet 12/31 Friday afternoon. The vet said his knees were stable (thank goodness) and that he most likely strained a muscle. They prescribed him anti inflammatory which he has been taking twice a day with his meals since 12/31.

He was honestly back to his normal self by Saturday and has continued to be fine each day since.

We are stay pretty active with walks, hikes, runs, flirt pole. I am trying to make sure I rehab him properly and prevent a re-injury. Wondering if others have dealt with something like this before.

Embark test results are:

Mixed Breed
31.0% American Pit Bull Terrier
19.0% American Staffordshire Terrier
16.4% Poodle (Standard)
12.5% Catahoula Leopard Dog
8.1% Labrador Retriever
7.1% Boxer
5.9% Chesapeake Bay Retriever

@bringmetothelight Your dog may benefit from a soft knee brace if they are having recurring muscle strains. A company called Animal Ortho Care makes a few different kinds of dog knee braces and might be worth looking into!

Back