May be moving to a 2 story home with an active 10 year old dog

So as the title says, I may be moving soon(ish) to a 2 story townhouse but my concern is my dog, he's is very healthy and active and is a very healthy mix of Frenchie and Boston terrier. My concern though are the stairs. I'm concerned that they can hurt his back as he gets older and that he may tumble down the stairs. He follows my everywhere I go (e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e) and I work from home. I know if I go downstairs for a glass of water, he will follow me down and back up. If I go upstairs to grab something he will follow me up and down.

Is there anything I can do, put on the stairs, ect that can make things easier for him. In truth, I'd hate to force my dog to stay on the first floor all the time. Any advice helps, thank you!

@justindavidcampbell You could always start giving him joint pills/chews, or maybe try and get those ramps to use on top of the stairs? Have you asked your vet for suggestions? Or even if you put those stair runner carpets to make them less slippery if they are wooden?

Back