Loss of appetite after getting rabies vax for the first time

gelliott

Our 4-year old Pitbull, Chuchu, recently got her first rabies vaccine. I know, her first. We kinda didn’t want her to get it before for some reasons but we now did.
Four days ago, Chuchu received the vax. After that she has been refusing to eat, she gets weaker as days go by. Although she drinks water but not that much.
I have been watching some YouTube videos and reading some articles as well where people have been saying that it could be a normal side effect for dogs to loose appetite after getting vaccinated. However, being in the situation, it makes me anxious looking at Chuchu with no energy, it’s hard for her to walk, and she’s breathing heavily due to how hot it is in the Philippines, too.
So if there are some experts here, maybe you could give me some advice or some help, it would mean a lot. Thank you!

@gelliott For a few hours or a day, yes. I suspect your dog picked up an illness at the vet or it's just bad timing for her to get sick. This long means she's caught something or gotten an infection. She could also have a worsening health problem that you noticed because you were watching her more closely after the shot. Rabies shot is unrelated but the vet visit may not be. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Back