Looking for Veterinary advice on the best shampoo for doggos

dee1720

Are their any veterinarians on here that have recommendations for the best/safest dog shampoo? What do you guys wash your dogs with? My dog is constantly getting into things/digging outside & so he requires lots of baths unfortunately.
S.n. I know it’s not good to give a dog too many baths because it can potentially dry their skin but he gets so dirty that I have no choice sometimes :/

@dee1720 As a dog groomer who has tried MANY shampoos on dogs, medicated, non medicated, hypo allergenic, shedding, flea and tick shampoos. ALL OF THEM.

What I like for my dogs , golden retrievers, is Groomers Edge Hypo + shampoo. It comes concentrated so you must dilute for each use....

I'm not sure you will ever get and right answer to this question. Please post your final decision.

Edit: I use their Ultimate Shampoo when they get filthy.

@dee1720 Bathing a dog is fine. Shampoo and condition, don't just shampoo them and be surprised when the coat dried out. There are plenty of good basic shampoos and conditioners that will cover you. I often suggest mane and tail because it is so mild and does not sting eyes.

@dee1720 (not a vet) What kind of dog do you have? I have a spaniel with silky fur, and honestly it's better for his skin/fluff/health to let the mud drop off and clean the house than cleaning the dog! I know not all dogs are silky enough for the mud to fall off though!

Back