Looking for Suggestions- Sensitive Dog Edition

keeganner

Hey all!

Just looking for any brands available in Canada (either in store, or shipped) that would be the most suitable for my dog’s health. I like feeding her foods without ingredients such as “natural flavours”, or “corn gluten”, those sorts of things.

For context, she is a 4 y/o Golden Retriever. She experiences a VIOLENTLY upset tummy if she has ANY chicken, chicken fat, turkey, or turkey fat.

Duck, pork and Venison have been her friend. Almost all Lamb she has tried, makes her poops extremely runny. She is on a probiotic 2-3 times a week just to keep her gut sorted. She is on a grain-free diet, supplemented with a taurine supplement. We are feeding Open Farm Venison GF formula, and her poops have been beautiful! She’s excited to eat, not bored of it (yet…) no complaints. However, I am looking to slowly integrate other flavours and proteins just to give her a variety every couple of months, as she gets extremely bored of her meals (I don’t like resorting to toppers right away, because I don’t want to enforce the habit of her expecting them for every single meal when she decides to get picky).

If anyone knows of any suggestions, I’m open to them! I just want to know what people have loved and why, or if anyone knows of another brand that offers novel proteins, without going over the 149.99 plus taxes CAD I am paying already.

Much appreciated everyone, I’d love suggestions! If you have any novel protein treats you’d recommend, I’d love to hear those recs too! Thanks!

@keeganner Hills is wsava compliant and they make a pollock and insect protein food for sensitive dogs

Have you tried purina pro plan sensitive in the salmon or lamb formulas? Sometimes the simplest answer ends up being what works.

Wsava brands may have some of the ingredients you don’t like but they have benefits for your dogs. The files in this sub explains about the ingredients and terminology used by boutique brands to convince pet owners their food is good, the wsava brands use science and research to make sure they’re good.